Navigation Bar

 photo AboutButton_zps3e3e6a0b.jpg photo TutorialsButton_zps03322e87.jpg photo BeliefsButton_zps1e247524.jpg photo ContactButton_zpseba78591.jpg

Saturday, September 22, 2012

DIY Painted Chairs

My post with the perfect chairs is finally happening. My hubby told me the other day that he thought it was funny that I was so excited about getting those chairs and I haven't done anything with them. Well... To show him, I got all the paint and tools and things I needed to start my project a few days later. I followed the post from Kristy Swain at Hyphen Interiors. I would explain it to you but she does it really well.
BEFORE:

Supplies:
Textile medium

Acrylic paint

Latex paint

Brushes

"stirring sticks" from the dollar store

Paint cups from the dollar store

Spray bottles also form the dollar store

First cup of paint!

 I painted the front first.

Here is the cushion

After the first coat. On Kristy's blog she says it'll look worse before better. SO TRUE!! 

 This is after the second coat. Not too shabby!

Now with the cushion on... All I have left is the last coat with the acrylic paint.

Well That is pretty much all it looked like. It's a little more grey but I love it. Still some crunch to the sitting but it's getting better. I made these back in May. Ah!!!! Sorry for not blogging it sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment