Navigation Bar

 photo AboutButton_zps3e3e6a0b.jpg photo TutorialsButton_zps03322e87.jpg photo BeliefsButton_zps1e247524.jpg photo ContactButton_zpseba78591.jpg

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Pencil Skirt from old T-shirts Tutorial



My cousin Ashley over at 678 degrees celsius did this with some of her old shirts and i loved it! It's taken me a long time to do my own but here it is!! :) I followed the tutorial from Cotton and Curls except I cut mine at 3.5 inches because my shirts were too small for 4 in pieces.


The left-over shirts. I've had these shirts since high school. WOW!! 


Once I was finished cutting them I just sewed the pieces together with a zig-zag stitch (no serger here unfortunately.) Then I ironed the seems toward the blue stripes so it wouldn't show through the white stripes. However, when I put it on it doesn't show through so I wasted my time. :) Haha! I was going to make it slimmer like she did but It is really snug anyway so I'm leaving it the way it is. The Red Sox shirt kinda just fits with it. :) I didn't even plan it.


The skirt is a little tight on my booty. :( I'll have to get used to that. But overall I think this project was a great success. I really like the skirt and I'm planning on making a few more.



No comments:

Post a Comment