Navigation Bar

 photo AboutButton_zps3e3e6a0b.jpg photo TutorialsButton_zps03322e87.jpg photo BeliefsButton_zps1e247524.jpg photo ContactButton_zpseba78591.jpg

Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving Chocolate Cream Pie

I made this pie crust from scratch out of graham crackers, sugar, melted butter, and cinnamon (optional). It was delicious!!! The pie is made out of chocolate jello pudding, milk, and whipped cream. That too was amazing!!

Here's the crust recipe:

1 1/2 cups finely ground graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup white sugar
6 tablespoons melted butter (margarine)
1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon (optional)

Mix all ingredients until well blended, press into a 8 or 9 inch pie plate, bake at 375 degrees F for 7 or 8 minutes, let it cool until you are ready to fill with the pudding. (When you take it out it will still be a little soft but let it finish cooking in the pan outside the oven).



Using my magic bullet thing to grind up the graham crackers.


This is the pile of stuff before I pressed it into the pan.


This is after I cooked it. Notice it doesn't look much different. It won't really until after you put the chocolate in it and cool it for about ten minutes in the fridge.



Chocolate cream pie recipe:

1 (4 oz.) package of chocolate jello instant pudding mix
1 cup milk (any milk you have will be fine)
1 1/2 cups whipped cream (I used Cool Whip but if you make your own whipped cream I'm sure that would be extremely delightful as well).

Mix up all ingredients and as soon as your pie crust is cool enough spoon it into the crust. Chill for 10-15 minutes.


Just my milk and whipped cream.


This is what it will look like before it went into the crust to chill.


And... This is the half eaten pie. I forgot to take a picture when decorating it but I just covered the pie with the rest of my Cool Whip. I then squeezed carmel and chocolate dessert toppings on top and took a tooth pick to draw lines in it so it looked kinda a like a spider's web before it was cut. (Note: The lines can also act as places to cut the pie so you have even pieces or if kids are going to cut the pie for any reason they have a line to follow).

Well there it is. It really was a delicious pie and everyone that ate it loved it! Even with the cinnamon in the crust. It gave it a really nice zing when you ate the pie. I'm going to try one without the cinnamon later to see if It's better or not. I hope you liked it! Happy Holidays everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment